On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 12:41 AM, Justin Lambert
<jlamb...@localmatters.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the response.  We're using Posrgres, and the catalog build seems
> a bit slow, but nothing compared to the client runtime which is where I've
> been focusing.  Your assessment is correct, it is just the nagios server
> that is extremely slow (~20 mins), there is minimal/no impact to the client
> machines.
> We're at about the 100 hosts, but have closer to 1500 services - maybe we
> have exceeded what storeconfigs can do then.  If that is the case, is there
> a recommended alternative that isn't manually maintaining config files?  It
> seems like most of the processing time is spent client side and I haven't
> been able to figure out why.  Even doing an md5sum on all of the files from
> the CLI takes less than 2 seconds.

While it would require you to generate the templates yourself, you can
use foreman query script [1] to get the data you need based on all
sort of conditions.

Ohad

[1] -
https://github.com/ohadlevy/puppet-foreman/blob/master/foreman/lib/puppet/parser/functions/foreman.rb