On Apr 30, 10:52 am, Philip Brown <p...@bolthole.com> wrote:
> I've already said that converting modified files to packages, was not an
> option.

No, you said that getting your admins' to deploy config changes by
packaging them up was not an option.  My suggestion avoids imposing
any need for them to do that.

It may be that you also don't want to package up the rest, but that's
a different story altogether.  You can surely automate that process if
you wish to do so -- nightly, say, on the same schedule that you now
rdist -- and there are advantages to that beyond integrating Puppet
into your infrastructure.

In any case, the degree to which Puppet can help you is modulated by
the degree to which you are willing to adopt techniques that work well
with Puppet.

John