On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 2:49 PM,  <jg4...@bristol.ac.uk> wrote:

> This occurs even with the before => Yumrepo['atomic'] and require = >
> Package['atomic-release'] lines in place, which is not what I expect. Am I
> missing a subtlety?

I'd be tempted to remove the 'before' parameter to the package;
declare the dependency in just one place,i.e. the yumrepo.  I'd also
try adding "provider => 'rpm'" to the package, just to ensure it's not
trying to find the RPM in one of your existing repos.

The docs do say, for 'provider': "You will seldom need to specify this
— Puppet will usually discover the appropriate provider for your
platform."  However, it doesn't say whether or not specifying the
'source' parameter will override whatever provider it would normally
choose for your platform.

I'm not sure that either or both suggestions will fix your issue, but
it otherwise looks like it should do the right thing.

Thanks,

Matt.