Just my two cents here. I've had some major problems in the past with using
puppet to manage a file installed by a package which is also managed by
puppet. Now, I haven't revisited the problem since 2.6, but my intuition
was that since the file to be managed didn't exist at the start of the run,
puppet got confused and flubbed the dependencies. My "solution" was to
handle installing repos when I install the machine, as part of the
kickstart.