> There is also a Django based web builder that some people started for
> Debian Live, I assume it could tweaked to work so that people could
> generate a customized Puredyne based on several components to choose
> from. But would it be really worth it?

i guess probably not.  i'm thinking mainly of how to make a small and very
specific live system designed to be either a workspace for a particular
workflow (using MIDI, rosegarden, lilypond for composition for example... or
to teach some kind of audio technique).  Also to be able to run efficiently
on older systems.  However, now that I think of it, using some kind of
session manager would probably make more sense, and then you have a larger
system for flexibility.  i just find out about possibilities and then get
ideas that aren't always really worth it.

> The remix stuff is a bit more handy though, I had started something like
> that in make-live-blabla... you could make a new USB key based on the
> current Puredyne running, it would not take into account your local
> changes, but that's trivial to add.

a friend of mine is looking into the Refracta scripts which seem to make
snapshots of running systems and then generate an iso for a new live
system.  i don't know much about it, but will probably be learning something
tomorrow.  i don't know if it would apply to Puredyne specifically...
anyways.  more important things to focus on im sure.
---
Puredyne@goto10.org
http://identi.ca/group/puredyne
irc://irc.goto10.org/puredyne