> "In the more expensive "Tesla" configurations, the chip features optional
> ECC protection on the memory, and can perform one double-precision floating-
> point operation per cycle per core; the consumer GeForce cards are
> artificially driver restricted to one DP operation per four cycles. "
>
> So, if I want double-precision float performance, what are my choices?

I never benchmarked Tesla vs GTX, however you're not looking into the
same price range *at all* (think ten-fold increase).
You may find more specific answers on the nvidia forums dedicated to
CUDA, as this list is more targetted to the specific software toolbox
pyCuda.
http://forums.nvidia.com/

Best,

Julien Cornebise