On Tue, 3 May 2011 15:30:18 -0400, Frédéric Bastien <no...@nouiz.org> wrote:
> For the new name of .gpudata, what about using .data as numpy? The
> only problem that I see is that people use the new gpu array with
> numpy code and that the numpy code use the .data without checking if
> its an numpy.ndarray first. I don't think this is going to be a real
> problem. What do you think?

I don't like .data because that's what pyopencl presently uses like
.gpudata, so that has the same all-of-a-sudden-noncontiguous problem as
PyCUDA's .gpudata. As much as possible, I'd like to keep the two
interfaces the same.

Are you strongly opposed to .bytes and .contig_bytes as new names?

Andreas