tor 2002-03-14 klockan 18.28 skrev Jon Nelson:
> I have a GtkTree that I populate with different contents depending
> on what is chosen in a GtkCList.  Yay, that part works great.
>
> The GtkTree is contained in a viewport, which itself is in a
> scrolled window.  I'm using Glade for most of the UI, but
> populate the widget by hand.
>
> Now.
>
> I go and populate the widget.
> And sometimes, there are enough items in the widget to require the
> automatic vertical scrollbars to kick in. However, the scrollbars
> *don't* kick in *until* I expand one of the items. If I collapse
> the same item, the scrollbar remains (as it should, as there are more
> items in the GtkTree than can be displayed).
>
> How do I get the scrollbar to recognize that it ought to appear?
Go in glade and select the GtkTree viewport.
H policy and V policy should be set to Always instead of Automatic.

Note, that using GtkTree is probably a bad idea, since it's it
deprecated. I would rather use GtkCTree (but it's also marked deprecated
in gtk+ 2.0). Or switch to pygtk2 and use GtkTreeView :)