On Sun, 17 Mar 2002 11:26:29 +0800
"James Henstridge" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

..
> Not really sure what you want to do that can't be done with ctree.  For
> instance, I might do:
>   node1 = ctree.insert_node(None, None, ['node1'], is_leaf=0)  # insert
> a node at toplevel
>   node2 = ctree.insert_node(None, None, ['node2'])  # insert a second
> node at toplevel
>   node3 = ctree.insert_node(node1, None, ['node3']) # insert a node as a
> child of node1
>   node4 = ctree.insert_node(node1, node3, ['node4'], is_leaf=0) # and
> one under node1, before node3
>   node5 = ctree.insert_node(node4, None, ['node5'])
>
> This would produce the following tree:
>   +-node1
>   |  +-node4
>   |  |  +-node5
>   |  +-node3
>   +-node2
>
> Is this not enough?
..

Yes.  It's enough. I'm glad somebody finally stepped forward to
provide an example, because if somebody hadn't, I never would have
believed it.  I was equating the number of columns to the maximum
depth.  I'm not sure where I got fixated on the idea that I couldn't
use GtkCTree -- I didn't *know* you could do that!

My life will be so much easier now thanks to GtkCTree.
Thanks to you, Senor Henstridge, and Johan Dahlin.  Grrr.

--
The Amazing* Jon Nelson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
C and Python Programmer, Code Gardener