JUAN ERNESTO FLORES BELTRAN wrote:
> Andrew Conkling wrote:
>
>> Then you need to install a good theme. :)  Your distro, assuming
>> you're using a major one, should >come with a good selection already.
>
> I am running Suse 10.0
>
> Thomas Mills wrote:
>> In general, the theme philosophy is meant to give users control over
>> the appearance of >applications on their computer and to ensure a
>> consistent look across the board. That is, normally, >the application
>> writer should never have to think about themes at all -- across the
>> board, all GTK >applications will have the same look for dialogs, text
>> entries, buttons, etc.
>
> So, my pygtk application as well as my Desktop Environment (Open_Office,
> Konqueror, etc) is going to be graphically improved depending on the
> theme installed??  What if y only want to improve my application but not
> the whole environment??  I am really interested on a GTK theme called
> VistaBut, once installed on my computer is going to change the whole
> environment or only my pygtk applications?, what happens if then I
> decide to create a .exe by using py2exe and run the application in a
> windows system???  Is the theme (and all the nice looking) lost as a
> result of this??

WingIDE is doing exactly that, so it is possible.

You can basically do anything with gtk themes or engines.
The windows theme engine for gtk+ is getting pretty good these days, gtk+
applications looks like real native windows applications.
However, that's not what you want, but it's just pointing out what's possible.

--
Johan Dahlin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Async Open Source