John Pye wrote:
> Are you saying that on your copy of Windows, Python has added itself to
> your PATH?

I test this on a fresh vmware instance on my side, and you are
correct... python is not in the system path. But interestingly, the
c:\python25\ directory also does *not* include msvcr71.dll. I used this
installer:

http://www.python.org/ftp/python/2.5.1/python-2.5.1.msi

Something else like maybe the pywin32 stuff must be installing it. So it
seems likely that the pyxxxx.exe installers just don't work on a fresh
non-updated WinXP system. I think that leaves you with one option;
include msvcr71.dll in your installer and extract it to the same temp
directory used to save and run the pyxxxx.exe installers.

Once you get them installed, msvcr71.dll may not be needed. Although
that depends on how the pyxxx projects are built, which I know nothing
about.

-Brad