From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of John Ehresman
Sent: Thursday, August 23, 2007 5:10 PM
To: John Pye
Cc: pygtk
Subject: Re: [pygtk] problem installing PyGTK on a clean WinXP system

John Pye wrote:
> That was a good thought; I missed that. The installer executable itself
> is broken. Which confirms that this is an issue with distutils.

Yes, it does look like the pyobject installer .exe is relying on
msvcr71.dll being available -- which is a bad assumption because it is
not an operating system provided .dll.  I suggest that the next step is
to report or fix the bug in that installer (or not use it and just
install the files directly).

Cheers,

John