Hey Kelvin,

> You could ascertain whether it was the MP3 encode by fiddling with the
> cdgrip() function in cdgrip.py. It saves a raw WAV file, then encodes to
> MP3. If you're comfortable modifying the Python code then you could try
> omitting the MP3 encode step to see whether the raw WAV works (you can
> play WAV files in PyKaraoke but obviously they take up a good deal more
> room). If endianness is to blame, you can also pass different parameters
> to lame to swap endianness.

I kinda thought it might be this easy, but I hadn't had a chance to look
at the code yet.  Just did so and after fiddling with a few lame
options, I found that --big-endian did indeed fix the problem.

BTW, it's not WAVs that are stored temporarily, but rather raw PCM data,
so I think that's what gives lame a hard time since it can't
auto-detect.  I wonder what cdparanoia uses to autodetect the endianness
(and any number of other parameters)...?

Anyway, I'll take this moment to humbly submit two feature requests for
cdgtools:

1. Encode real WAVs by default and optionally encode MP3s.  I personally
   prefer not to use MP3 at all, both due to patent reasons and because
   OGG is just better.  A switch to encode OGGs would be great as well.

2. Add an option to cdgrip to allow one to pass switches/options to the
   underlying encoding programs.  It would let people like me get around
   any endian or signed issues that crop up.

Thanks again for all of the hard work!
tim