On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 09:38:56 -0800, "Mike Orr" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
said:

> I see Pylons users have several favorite Javascript libraries,

I use and recommend YUI, but still have some code that uses the original
WebHelpers/prototype.js.

> One critical factor is maintainers.  We'll need a maintainer for each
> Javascript library that is added.  So the best way to get a Javascript
> library included is to volunteer to maintain it.

I'll put my hand up to maintain the YUI library.

> There hasn't been much feedback about the rest of WebHelpers.  Does
> that mean I can change anything at all and y'all won't find it too
> burdensome to change your apps?

marketshares is a big codebase - there is no doubt that there will be
some changes that will require extensive rework.

I use the following WebHelpers:

check_box
evaluate_remote_response
form_remote_tag
form
hidden_field
link_to
number_with_precision
password_field
select
submit
submit_to_remote
text_field
truncate
update_element_function

and have YUI variations of :

form_remote_tag
link_to_remote
options_for_ajax
observe_form
remote_function
update_element_function

Note that these include only the minimum implementation required for my
needs.

Robert