Jorge Vargas wrote:
> this comes as a shock to me, I though authkit was defacto just like
> mako, SA,etc. I'm just starting to read up on authkit, and so far I
> though it only had outdated documentation, but the fact that noone has
> back it up as a good path in this thread makes me wonder if I'm doing
> the right thing. Could someone summarize or point to a summary of the
> common issues people have with authkit? as for repoze how ready are
> you? will I have to work of trunk?

I personally think that AuthKit is great peace of software but I just
don't like some aspects of it:

1) OpenID handler is bad:

    a) To make login expire after two days you must set that in two
places. That's bad design.

    b) I don't like the way AuthKit handles database with OpenID but I
don't have better solution yet either :-(

    c) There are problem with AuthKit OpenID handler you are not even
aware yet about.

2) I don't like the idea that AuhtKit tries to display login and other
pages itself (either through template or function call). OK - you can
pass callback function but that's not solution for me either.

 From other side AuthKit *authorization* side is just pure gold.

That's why I offer splitting AuthKit into independent parts.

Regards,
Dalius