Hmm, it looks like it does it only for variables listed in the
action's arguments.  (In
pylons.controllers.core.WSGIController._inspect_call()).  I thought it
did it for all routing args.  So you could define your action as:

    def.__before__(self, controller):  # Sets c.controller
        c.controller = controller  # Or do it again to be explicit.

--Mike

--
Mike Orr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>