I see a 'directory' parameter documented in add_static_route(), however the
actual implementation doesn't seem to support it.

The whole add_static_route() idea is a nice backward-compatible feature with
pylons but I feel like it takes away from some of the features pyramid
provides, like the static_url() function which can help map arbitrary urls
to directories. The static_url() function unfortunately doesn't work with
any regular routes, such as those created by add_static_route(), leaving the
developer to use either the application_url (effectively hard-coding the
structure) or through route_url() which isn't immediately obvious. Anyway I
wanted to bring this up in case it can provoke some better documentation for
the feature, or possibly not supporting it as the default setup for static
content.

Thanks again for pyramid_sqla, it does a great job of hooking sqlalchemy
into pyramid.
Michael