Sorry if this is a bit off-topic, but does Elixir (
http://elixir.ematia.de/trac/wiki) fit in anywhere in this discussion? I'm
a relative newcomer to pyramid and I've been meaning to use Elixir on top
of SQLAlchemy when I do write a SQL-based app (so far my only experience
with pyramid has been simple apps that didn't need a SQL layer). Seems like
SQLAHelper may be for more nuanced use cases but just thought I'd ask for
clarification while this email thread is active. Thanks :)

-Sid