On Wed, 28 May 2008, Peter MacRobert wrote:

I'm trying to build pylucene on OS X Leopard. I have python 2.5 installed
via ports. I originally tried to install the egg provided by Kapil
Thangavelu, but I also got the error "Library not loaded:
@rpath/libjcc.dylib" that Oliver Eilhard got.

Then I tried to build JCC from source. I checked out the latest version from
trunk, and successfully built and installed jcc into site-packages.

However, trying to build lucene yields the following error:

ld: -rpath can only be used when targeting Mac OS X 10.5 or later

The full output of the build is pasted below. Any advice would be
appreciated.

Did you set MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET ?

It seems that your linker doesn't allow -rpath to be used when making executables that could run on Mac OS X pre-10.5. I don't know if this is a limitation of the linker in general or of the version you're using my I think that this is what this message means ?

Why are you using Python 2.5 from ports instead of from Leopard ?
Leopard ships with Python 2.5 pre-installed.

Andi..