Mark,

0.98 should rarely be more4X slower to ray-trace than 0.97 unless you are
running out of RAM.

To get the faster but orthoscopic 0.97 raytracing behavior, "set
orthoscopic" before raytracing.

> Oh yeah, please make a clean way of aborting from a
> ray-trace...please.

Actually, it exists...but it is not 100% general:

To be able abort from ray tracing, it is necessary to run it asychronously
(ray async=1).  This is the default if you press the "ray" button in the
Tcl/Tk GUI.

Provide that a ray trace is running asychronously, then you can in abort it
in 0.98 by clicking on the OpenGL window to get focus and then hitting the
backspace or delete keys.

Warren L. DeLano, Ph.D.
Principal Scientist

. DeLano Scientific LLC
. 400 Oyster Point Blvd., Suite 213
. South San Francisco, CA 94080 USA
. Biz:(650)-872-0942  Tech:(650)-872-0834
. Fax:(650)-872-0273  Cell:(650)-346-1154
. mailto:war...@delsci.com