orla,

If in fact you actually have to move molecules independently using the 'dirty'
method that I have suggested, you will probably need the rotate command too,
for more flexibility in setting things up.

rotate
DESCRIPTION

   "rotate" can be used to rotate the atomic coordinates of a
   molecular object.  Behavior differs depending on whether or not the
   "object" parameter is specified.

   If object is None, then rotate rotates the atomic coordinates
   according to the axes and angle for the selection and state
   provided.  All representation geometries will need to be
   regenerated to reflect the new atomic coordinates.

   If object is set to an object name, then selection and state are
   ignored and instead of translating the atomic coordinates, the
   object's representation display matrix is modified.  This option
   is for use in animations only.

USAGE

   rotate axis, angle [,selection [,state [,camera [,object [,origin]]]]]

PYMOL API

   cmd.rotate(list-or-string axis, string selection = "all", int state = 0,
              int camera = 1, string object = None)

EXAMPLES

   rotate x, 45, pept

NOTES

   if state = 0, then only visible state(s) are affected.
   if state = -1, then all states are affected.
---------------------------------Cheers,Nickreference:http://pymol.sourceforge.net/newman/ref/S1000comref.html