Hi there

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005, Michal Wallace wrote:

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005, Beatrice During wrote:

Just a short comment to your email Michael (thanks for your thoughts
onj this matter BTW ;-):

:)

One of the current major discussions about how to capitalize
on Open Source as a business model is just that - learning/training.

So I think you are on to something there Michael - both regarding the
technical aspects and the project management/developer process aspects.
Sprinting combines them both ;-)

Hi Bea,

I recently did a "sprint" in the form of
the pyweek game challenge. We hung out in
IRC for most of the week and made a game.
(Or at least a game engine, before we ran
out of time!)

To me it was an exercise in project
management but it was also a recruiting
tool: I wanted to see what it was like to
work with certain people before I spent
the money to actually hire them.

It worked well, and I plan to continue
using that model to screen potential
hires in the future... Maybe a company
with more cash in the bank could use
pypy in a similar way?

Sincerely,

Michal J Wallace
Sabren Enterprises, Inc.

What a great application - do you mind if I spread the word about this..?

Cheers

Bea

Beatrice Düring                 Change Maker
Tel: 031- 7750940               Järntorget 3
Mobil: 0734- 22 89 06           413 04 Göteborg
E-post: [EMAIL PROTECTED]       www.changemaker.nu

        "Alla dessa måsten och alldaglighet.
        Allt detta som binder vår verklighet
        i bojor av skam och rep utav tvång.
        Alla dessa kedjor som binder vår sång.
        Jag skall slita dem alla i små, små stycken
        och möjligtvis av resterna göra mig smycken."
                                                        - hemlig