On 2018-10-03 18:55, Barry Warsaw wrote:
Correct.  It’s entirely possible that the different governance models will have
different ways to pick delegates.

And how does that affect *today*'s decision? The new governance model will only take effect 1 January (assuming that everything goes as planned).

As long as there is no new governance model yet, can't we just continue the PEP 1 process which has worked for many years? I know that we cannot literally apply PEP 1 because there is no BDFL, but we can certainly continue the spirit of PEP 1 if the other core developers agree with the BDFL-Delegate.