Le jeu. 6 juin 2019 à 14:18, Steven D'Aprano <st...@pearwood.info> a écrit :
> i.e. 25-40% longer. Is there a shorter permalink form available, like
> goo.gl, bitly, youtu.be etc use? That would be awesome if we could use
> them instead.

I really dislike URL shorteners.

From my point of view, URL shorteners are the opposite of permanent
links. It adds a new single point of failure.

If a full URL becomes broken (HTTP error 404), I can still try to get
find the information in a different way using the full URL. For
example, there are some services like archive.org who archive public
websites. Or look in other emails "around" this email, maybe the
missing email is quoted from another email.

Victor