> Note that if you open a PR, and _then_ sign the CLA, the label is not
updated (at least, that's what I experienced before I did). So this list is
likely inaccurate.

I believe that I might have seen this happen a few times, but in the
majority cases the label is updated from "CLA not signed" => "CLA signed".
There's a bit of delay (~24-48 hours) from the time you sign the CLA to
when it's updated in the heroku app, so if the PR gets merged during that
time the label might not ever update.

For my own first PR, it was initially not signed when I opened it, and then
the label updated to signed within a couple days after signing the CLA.
This has also been the case in the majority of PRs I've reviewed from
first-time contributors.