On Mon, 24 Feb 2020 at 14:51, Kyle Stanley <aeros...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Note that if you open a PR, and _then_ sign the CLA, the label is not
> > updated (at least, that's what I experienced before I did). So this list is
> > likely inaccurate.
>
> I believe that I might have seen this happen a few times, but in the majority
> cases the label is updated from "CLA not signed" => "CLA signed". There's a
> bit of delay (~24-48 hours) from the time you sign the CLA to when it's
> updated in the heroku app, so if the PR gets merged during that time the
> label might not ever update.
>
> For my own first PR, it was initially not signed when I opened it, and then
> the label updated to signed within a couple days after signing the CLA. This
> has also been the case in the majority of PRs I've reviewed from first-time
> contributors.

I don't remember if there's a magic comment that contributors can
leave to get the bot to check again on its own, but the usual trigger
for this is the submitter posting to say they've signed it, a core dev
or triager seeing that and removing the "CLA Not Signed" label, and
then the bot adding the "CLA signed" label (confirming that the CLA
has, in fact, been signed, and the PSF records have been updated
accordingly).

Cheers,
Nick.