On 2/22/2021 5:18 PM, Matthias Klose wrote:
On 2/21/21 1:13 PM, Victor Stinner wrote:
Document what is supported, be inclusive about anything else.  Don't make a
distinction yet between legacy and upcoming new architectures.

I agree with this, and I don't see any reason why we shouldn't just use the list of stable buildbot platforms as the "supported" list. That makes it really clear what the path is to push support onto upstream (join up and bring a buildbot with you), and also means that we've got a physically restricted set of machines to prove work before doing a release.

Actively blocking anything at all seems unnecessary at the source/build level. That's for pre-built binaries and other conveniences.

Cheers,
Steve