> On 28 Sep 2021, at 10:54, Antoine Pitrou <anto...@python.org> wrote:
>
> On Tue, 28 Sep 2021 10:51:53 +0200
> Ronald Oussoren via Python-Dev <python-dev@python.org> wrote:
>>> On 28 Sep 2021, at 10:05, Antoine Pitrou <anto...@python.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> On Mon, 27 Sep 2021 10:51:43 -0600
>>> Eric Snow <ericsnowcurren...@gmail.com

>>> My vote is on #3 to minimize contributor annoyance and
>>> eventual puzzlement.
>>
>> I agree, but… Most CPython tests are run while running from the source tree,
>> that means that there will have to be testrunner configurations that run
>> with “-X frozen_modules=on”.
>
> Well, multiplying CI configurations is the price of adding options in
> general.

Of course. I mentioned it because the proposal is to add a new option that’s
enabled after installation, and basically not when the testsuite is run.
That’s not a problem, we could just enable the option in most CI jobs.

Ronald

—

Twitter / micro.blog: @ronaldoussoren
Blog: https://blog.ronaldoussoren.net/