On Mar 27, 2022, at 11:52, Dan Stromberg <drsali...@gmail.com> wrote:

> It might make sense to have CPython's release cadence decoupled from the
> Standard Library's release cadence.  That is, maybe they should be separate
> downloads.

While I don’t underestimate the work and complexity, we can do both.  I.e.
separate the stdlib development cycle from the interpreter (for all but a
handful of required packages perhaps).  We could still distribute “sumo”
releases which include all the batteries, but develop and maintain them outside
the cpython repo, and even release them separately on PyPI.  It’s *possible*
but I don’t know if it’s *practical*.

-Barry