On Mon, Mar 28, 2022 at 11:29 AM Paul Moore <p.f.mo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> To be honest, I feel like I'm just reiterating stuff I've said before
> here, and I think the same is true of the points I'm responding to

>  (I'm not *against* going over the debate again,
> it helps make sure people haven't changed their minds, but it's
> important to be clear that none of the practical facts have changed,
> if that is the case).

Maybe there's a way to make this discussion (it feels more like a
discussion than debate at the moment) more productive by writing some
things down. I'm not sure it's a PEP, but some kind of:

"policy for the stdlib" document in which we could capture the primary
points of view, places where there's consensus, etc. would be helpful to
keep us retreading this over and over again.

I suggest this without the bandwidth to actually shepherd the project, but
if someone wants to, I think it would be a great idea.

-CHB

--
Christopher Barker, PhD (Chris)

Python Language Consulting