On 15Jul2022 11:59, Ethan Furman <et...@stoneleaf.us> wrote:
>On 7/15/22 08:37, Petr Viktorin wrote:
>> And that's exactly why I consume Discourse in mailing list mode, with
>> client-side
>> filtering in Thunderbird.
>
>How do you handle threading?  I follow each (sub)thread through to
>it's end, as it keeps a logical flow, but Discourse has everything
>linear which means that as I read it the conversation keeps jumping
>around, making it hard to follow.

I use discourse in mailing list mode. It only looks unthreaded :-)

What actually happens is that it has its own message-ids and mangles
things, and treats some headers differently. Eg if I post to discourse,
the copy of the message which comes to me from discourse has a discourse
generated message-id, not my original message-id.

I did a bit of digging here:
https://discuss.python.org/t/why-is-the-result-after-this-function-is-called-like-this/14680/15
but have not got to submitting a bug report.

Cheers,
Cameron Simpson <c...@cskk.id.au>