Hey Greg,

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 10:54 PM, Gregory P. Smith <g...@krypto.org> wrote:
> +1
> My biggest concern is memory usage but it sounds like addressing that is
> already in your mind.  I don't so much mind an additional up front constant
> and per-line-of-code hit for instrumentation but leaks are unacceptable.
>  Any instrumentation data or jit caches should be managed (and tunable at
> run time when possible and it makes sense).

Reducing memory usage is a high priority. One thing being worked on
right now is to avoid collecting runtime data for functions that will
never be considered hot. That's one "leak" in the current
implementation.

> I think having a run time flag (or environment variable for those who like
> that) to disable the use of JIT at python3 execution time would be a good
> idea.

Yep, we already have a -j flag that supports "don't ever use the JIT"
(-j never), "use the JIT when you think you should" (-j whenhot), and
"always the use the JIT" (-j always) options. I'll mention this in the
PEP (we'll clearly need to make this an -X option before merger).

Thanks,
Collin Winter