On 19/06/2010 14:43, Georg Brandl wrote:
Am 19.06.2010 15:09, schrieb Arc Riley:
Just because legacy Python needs to be kept around for a bit longer for
a few uses does not mean that "Python 3 is not ready yet".  Any decent
package system can have two or more versions of Python installed at the
same time.

It is not "critical self-evaluation" to repeat "Python 3 is not ready"
as litany in #Python and your supporting website.  I use the word
"litany" here because #Python refers users to what appears to be a
religious website http://python-commandments.org/python3.html

I have further witnessed (and even been the other party to) you and
other ops in #Python telling package developers, who have clearly said
that they are working to port their legacy package to Py3, that "Python
3 is not ready".  One of our Summer of Code students this year actually
included in his application that he was told (strongly) in #Python that
he shouldn't be working with Py3 - even after he expressed his intent to
apply under the PSF to help with the Py3 migration effort as his project.

Ouch.  Looks like it's time for the PSU to release the 10-ton wei

Please raise a new issue, the weight should be 16 ton to conform to Python standards.

Cheers.

Mark Lawrence.