> On May 28, 2015, at 1:54 AM, Berker Peksağ <berker.pek...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> * Performance improvements are not bug fixes

Practicality beats purity here.
Recognize that a huge number of Python users will remain in the Python2.7 world
for some time.  We have a responsibility to the bulk of our users (my estimate
is
that adoption rate for Python 3 is under 2%).  The computed goto patch makes
substantial performance improvements.  It is callous to deny the improvement
to 2.7 users.

> * The patch doesn't make the migration process from Python 2 to Python 3
> easier

Sorry, that is a red-herring (an orthogonal issue).
If you care about 2-to-3 migration, then start
opposing proposals for API changes that increase
the semantic difference between 2 and 3.

Raymond