On 09. 01. 19 11:35, Miro Hrončok wrote:
On 09. 01. 19 10:31, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek wrote:
On Wed, Jan 09, 2019 at 09:34:54AM +0100, Miro Hrončok wrote:
Today, if I try to uninstall python2 from Xfce spin (rawhide), this is what
gets removed as dependent:

  NetworkManager-openconnect-gnome
  blueberry
  gnumeric
  python2-catfish
  system-config-keyboard
  system-config-users

Several others go as no longer needed, mostly python2 libs, but also:

  NetworkManager-openconnect
  bluez-obex
  bluez-tools
  openconnect
  wmctrl

While I doubt the actual usefulness of gnumeric, what bothers me is:
Maybe drop gnumeric, at least from the default installation? I really
liked gnumeric, it is lightweight and well designed, but its time seems
to have passed. I don't think we're doing anybody any favours by
encouraging people to use it.

Exactly.

1. It seems that the Bluetooth stack is entirely gone. Do we have an viable
alternative?
Hmm, in F29 workstation, I have bluez-obexd.x86_64 installed, and
"sudo dnf remove python2" doesn't touch it. What is the dependency
chain that you see?

bluez-obexd was only removed as it was no longer required. The primary thing that got blasted by py2 removal was blueberry.

2. If openconnect is not needed on Workstation, why is it needed in Xfce?

3. Can we set keyboards/users with some alternatives? system-config-* still
link to fedorahosted as upstream and haven't received an update in years.
They seem pretty upstream dead to me.

4. Catfish is Python 3 compatible, but the Fedora maintainer is not [4].
I rebuilt the package with your PR. I hope I won't get flamed to death ;)

Well it's my commit, so maybe I will get flamed :D

Aaaand... it's reverted :D

--
Miro Hrončok