On 09. 01. 19 9:34, Miro Hrončok wrote:
Hi, we've successfully removed Python 2 from default Workstation installation years ago, today I'd like to see if we could do it in Xfce Spin as well.

For those not in the picture: Python 2 ill EOL in 11 months, 22 days [0].
We are trying to get rid of it as much as possible in Fedora [1][2].

Eliminating Python 2 from our defualt installations is an important step here.

Today, if I try to uninstall python2 from Xfce spin (rawhide), this is what gets removed as dependent:

Here's an update:

  NetworkManager-openconnect-gnome

openconnect removed python2 dependency \o/

  blueberry

still uses python2, Kevin, any chance you've checked why?
Should I take a look?

  gnumeric

The Python 2 bits are only needed for Python 2 extensions, moved to a separate subpackage.

  python2-catfish

catfish now runs on python 3 \o/

  system-config-keyboard

shall be removed form comps and replaced by xfce4-xkb-plugin

  system-config-users

??? still looking for a solution ???

--
Miro Hrončok