On 13. 01. 19 7:57, Nick Coghlan wrote:
On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 at 03:14, Jason L Tibbitts III <ti...@math.uh.edu> wrote:

"MH" == Miro Hrončok <mhron...@redhat.com> writes:

MH> Aaaand... it's reverted :D

He reverts any of the commits I have made to the packages he maintains
as well.  Just mass cleanup things like the removal of defattr.
Reverted with a completely empty commit message.

I really don't want to get into a revert war with the guy.  It's just
pointless.  I guess at some point either FPC or FESCo will have to talk
about it.

The reversion from single-binary-package to dual-binary-packages was
similar inaccurate, as it just says "Rebuilt" rather than "Revert to
producing separate Py2 and Py3 packages":
https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/catfish/c/7ae2507b600accf729c8a21808d24a8a9db7b8e2?branch=master

It also *deleted* the changelog entry for 1.4.5-2, rather than just
adding the new one.

Given that Miro's change was to bring the package into line with the
distro packaging policy, it seems really strange to me that a package
maintainer would be free to just ignore the policy.

Anyway, Zbigniew has resubmitted the change to make the package policy
compliant as a new PR:
https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/catfish/pull-request/2

This is a result of https://pagure.io/fesco/issue/2050

--