I think I have almost the same feeling as Naomi and Gregory. After 10+
years of print statement being an error, typing it as one remains my SECOND
most common syntax error.

My FIRST most common is omitting the colon that introduces blocks... Which
we also don't actually need. I've made that mistake for 20+ years. And I
never used 0.8 or whatever version didn't have colon, only since 1.4.

Despite my occasional typos, I don't think I want the inconsistency of
being able to make calls either with or without parens.

I've used TCL, REXX, Ruby, REBOL, Haskell, and bash with pleasure, and
enjoy their "arguments after a space." I've used Perl even more, and never
enjoyed it. :-) But different languages are pleasant in their different
consistency, and this feels out of place in modern Python.