On Wed, Aug 26, 2020 at 9:44 PM Jonathan Fine <jfine2...@gmail.com> wrote:

> PROPOSAL
> I think it will help solve our problem, to give Z = type(z) a new dunder
> attribute that either is used as the internal_get_function, or is used inside
> a revised system-wide internal_get_function.
>
> That way, depending on the new dunder attribute on Z = type(z), sometimes
>     >>> z[1, 2, a=3, b=4]
>     >>> z.__getitem__(1, 2, a=3, b=4)
> are equivalent. And sometimes
>     >>> z[1, 2, a=3, b=4]
> is equivalent to
>     >>> key = K(1, 2, a=3, b=4)
>     >>> z.__getitem__(key)
> all depending on the new dunder attribute on Z = type(z).

-1. We have already had way WAY too much debate about the alternative
ways to handle kwargs in subscripts, and quite frankly, I don't think
this is adding anything new to the discussion. Can we just stop
bikeshedding this already and let this matter settle down? You still
aren't showing any advantage over just allowing the current dunder to
receive kwargs.

ChrisA