On Thu, Aug 27, 2020 at 8:20 AM Stefano Borini <stefano.bor...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Personally I think Jonathan and I (and possibly a couple others)
> should form a separate subgroup and come up with a sensible and
> logical set of options in a proto-PEP. The topic has been discussed
> and we have plenty of ideas and opinions, and if we want to achieve
> something coherent we need to take it aside and dig deeper the various
> options until the whole proposal (or set of proposals) has been
> considered fully. There's little sense in going back and forth in the
> mailing list.
>
> One thing I want to understand though, and it's clear that this is a
> potential dealbreaker: is there any chance that the steering council
> will actually accept such a feature once it's been fully fleshed out,
> considering that it's undeniable that there are use cases spanning
> through multiple fields?
> Because if not (whatever the reason might be) regardless of the
> possible options to implement it, it's clear that there's no point in
> exploring it further.

Another way to word that question is: Do you have a sponsor for your
PEP? Every PEP needs a core dev (or closely connected person) to
sponsor it, otherwise it won't go forward. Do you have any core devs
who are on side enough to put their name down as sponsor? If not, it's
not even going to get as far as the Steering Council.

ChrisA