On Sun, 2 Jul 2023 at 16:36, Christopher Barker <python...@gmail.com> wrote:

> However, the amount of time the two of us have spent on this thread could
> have been used to review the status of quite a few packages :-)
>

>> Indeed. But I expect it'd be easier to get one person to write one
>> blog post about their favourite packages than to create some sort of
>> comprehensive list of everything that's good :)
>

> of course it would, but then you'd only know about a few packages -- not a
> great comparison.

And reviewing those few packages would be just as minimal as anything
else, because neither of us has any sort of comprehensive knowledge of
packages :) But maybe it'd be a start.

> However, that's why I like the idea of a centralized package review site --
> then you get that one person to write one review of the PCRE packages and
> post a PR. Then a couple hundred such people and you've got something! But
> critical mass would be hard to get.

Every review (where a "review" might cover multiple packages) would
have to have a date on it, so people know how useful the information
is likely to be. Which means your centralized review site is really
just a link to a bunch of separate things anyway.

ChrisA