On Tue, 18 Jul 2023 at 06:43, Dom Grigonis <dom.grigo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I am not very keen on long discussions on such matter as I do not think there
> is much to discuss: there is no technical complexity in it and it doesn’t
> really change or introduce anything new. It is only a matter of opinion &
> style/design preferences with respect to logical order and brevity of a
> statement.
>
> So I thought, if anyone can be bothered on such question and instead of
> writing 3-minute e-mail, would take few seconds to answer 3-question poll.
>
> https://q5yitzu62.supersurvey.com

Your second example needs a "both are abhorrently unreadable" option.
But if you've studied anything whatsoever about the history of the
conditional expression in Python, you would know that a survey is
actually pretty non-indicative here. We've already seen a much more
rigorous survey than this, and the results were preserved for
posterity.

https://peps.python.org/pep-0308/#detailed-results-of-voting

ChrisA