On 04/08/2014 00:25, Andrew Berg wrote:
On 2014.08.03 18:08, Chris Angelico wrote:
The best way to do it is to use the Unicode codepage, but cmd.exe just
plain has issues. There are underlying Windows APIs for displaying
text that have problems with astral characters (I think that's what it
is), so ultimately, you're largely stuck.
That is not quite true. The terminal has these issues, not the shell. Using
cp65001 does make Unicode in a Windows terminal possible, but using a better
terminal[1] makes it almost perfect (my experience has been that input can be
difficult, but output works well). I personally have used an IRC bot written in
Python with logging output containing Unicode characters that display just fine
(both locally and over SSH).

[1] I recommend ConEmu: https://code.google.com/p/conemu-maximus5/

*facepalm* forgot all about ConEmu, but then I only use it on a daily basis :)

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence