Il giorno lunedì 12 ottobre 2015 10:51:50 UTC+2, John Michael Lafayette ha
scritto:
> Now that Python has static type checking and support for IDE auto-complete
> (PEP 484?), I beg you to please use it. In your standard library, in your
> production code, in everywhere. I cannot type without auto-complete.
>
> I know that sounds ridiculous, but I have been coding on a daily basis for
> the last four years and I cannot recall the last time I actually typed out a
> variable or function name without auto-complete typing it for me. To me,
> java.net.DatagramSocket isn't "DatagramSocket". It is "Da" + Ctrl + Space +
> Enter (auto complete). I literally memorized the number of characters I have
> to type for auto-complete to guess the variable name and then I only type
> that many characters. For me, typing without auto-complete is like doing
> surgery with a kitchen knife. It's messy and error prone and I make lots of
> mistakes and have to try twice as hard to remember the actual names of
> variables instead of just whatever they start with.
>
> You don't understand because you actually know what all the function names
> are and you don't have to constantly hover over them in auto-complete and
> pull up their documentation to figure out how to use them. But I do. And for
> me, without auto-complete, the learning process goes from actively querying
> the IDE for one documentation after another to having to minimize the IDE and
> Google search for each and every function and module that I"m not familiar
> with. Auto-complete literally cuts the learning time by more than half.
>
> So please please please use PEP 484 to document all your standard library
> functions. Not for static compilation. Not even for catching mistakes caused
> by bad function input (although I like that). For Christ's sake, do it for
> the auto-complete. I gave up on JavaScript in favor of TypeScript for a
> reason god dammit.
>
> On Oct 11, 2015 3:45 PM, "Matt Wheeler" <m...@funkyhat.org> wrote:
> On 9 October 2015 at 17:26, John Michael Lafayette
>
> <johnmicha...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I would like Python to have a strong typing feature that can co-exist with
>
> > the current dynamic typing system. Currently Python is like this:
>

> >     var animal = Factory.make("dog")  # okay.
>
> >     var dog = Factory.make("dog")       # okay.
>
> >     var cat = Factory.make("dog")        # are you sure?
>

> > I would like Python to also be able to also do this:
>

> >     Animal a = Factory.make("dog")    # okay. Dog is Animal.
>
> >     Dog d = Factory.make("dog")         # okay. Dog is Dog.
>
> >     Cat c = Factory.make("cat")           # Runtime error. Dog is not Cat.
>

> Though it's intended for performance optimisation rather than simply
>
> static typing for static typing's sake, you could probably use Cython
>
> to achieve what you want...
>

> ...but then you might start to see the benefits of dynamic typing :)
>

> --
>
> Matt Wheeler
>
> http://funkyh.at

As far as I know the shell (if I can call it a shell) IPython has a sort of
autocomplete. Given an object, after a dot if you type a tab it will give you
the list of all the method that it can retrieve from the function dir().

geany, and spyder have also a sort of autocomplete.