On 07/15/18 14:50, Marko Rauhamaa wrote:
Jim Lee <jle...@gmail.com>:
Yes, and for *that*, language matters;  but, for a vast array of
programming tasks that *don't* involve global communications, it's an
added level of complexity with zero benefit.  It would be *nice* to be
able to turn support on or off, depending on the requirements of the
individual program or, better yet, be able to simply ignore the
feature(s).
Can you illustrate your point with some lines of Python code?

Marko

Python3 is intrinsically tied to Unicode for string handling. Therefore, the Python programmer is forced to deal with it (in all but trivial cases), rather than given a choice.  So I don't understand how I can illustrate my point with Python code since Python won't let me deal with strings without also dealing with Unicode.

-Jim

-Jim