Ron Henderson wrote:
My guess is that it *is* a Python problem somewhere in the win32com bindings, based on the fact that executing a macro seems to do the right thing but going directly through the com API from Python does not.

The macro executes essentially the same functionality:

Sub my_export()
    FileSaveAs name:="...", formatId:="MSProject.CSV", map:="My Map"
End Sub

Have you tried using exactly the same parameters in your Python code?
It's using Format=3 instead of FormatId.

If that doesn't get it, it may have something to do with the default
values for arguments that you're not passing.

         Roger