Ron Henderson wrote:

<dump>
>>> print open (FILENAME).read ()
╨╧◄αí▒
</dump>

I'm not sure how those binary characters will be handled by my email client, but essentially the file "p2.csv" seems to have been written out as a binary project file, not as a CSV file. If I open the file "p2.csv" in Project using "All Files" in the open dialog, it loads as an exact copy of the original "p1.mpp".

Yes. For whatever it's worth, those first 4 characters have the hex values D0 CF 11 E0, which is a hex pseudo-representation of the word "DOCFILE". This is the standard signature for a COM "structure storage document", which is the binary format used by all of the Microsoft Office programs prior to Office 2007.

--
Tim Roberts, [EMAIL PROTECTED]