Tim Roberts wrote:
EISEN Nicolas wrote:
  / from win32gui import *
   import win32con

   listHicon = ExtractIconEx("c:\OpenOffice.exe",0)

   test =
LoadImage(listHicon[0],"c:\OpenOffice.exe",0,0,0,win32con.LR_DEFAULTSIZE) tupleIcon = GetIconInfo(test)/

To use GetIconInfo argument should be pyHandle. listHicon is array of
Hicon. LoadImage return Handle, but the last argument must be an pyHandle
(by the interpretor error)

   import pywintypes
   ph = pywintypes.HANDLE( listHicon[0] )

Now you have a PyHANDLE.

PS : the demo menu and taskbar use icon only to display it in another
module, but i want get bitmapBit of icon to send it to an inventory
server.

The demo fetches the icon and then uses BitBlt to draw it to a bitmap. Why is that not EXACTLY what you need? That saves you all the trouble
of trying to extract the bitmaps from the icon and manipulate them in
somewhat to get a usable image.

My Source :

   /from win32gui import *
   import win32con
   from pywintypes import HANDLE

   listHicon = ExtractIconEx("c:\OpenOffice.exe",0)
   tupleIcon = GetIconInfo (HANDLE ( listHicon[0][0] ) )

   bitmapColor = tupel [4]

   buffer = PyCBitmap.GetBitmapBits ( bitmapColor, 32 )
/
My last problem (I hope) is to found what to import to get PyCBitmap class. I found it's in win32ui module but /from win32ui import */ doesn't give me the PyCBitmap class.

I want to get the picture of executable's icon, to re-use it on web site for example. I list all program on the pc, and I return some information. I want add program's icon.

Thanks a lot.