Hello,

I'm doubting the problem comes from the processor type, as you were able to
run the Python 2.2 port which is also compiled for arm. Unfortunately CeGCC support only arm platform yet (the two cross-compilation targets available are arm-wince-cegcc and arm-wince-mingw32) so I'm afraid it wouldn't be of any help if arm code wasn't compatible with xscale processor (which I'm doubting).

I'm suspecting more there is another constraint specified in the .inf file used to create the PythonCE cab that prevent installing on your device, but I don't see now what it could be exactly.

I suggest you to try to make a "hand-made" install by copying the \Program Files\Python 25\ dir from another install to your device and see if you could run python.exe.

Hope it helps,
Alexandre