On 7/30/10 7:21 AM, Ronald Oussoren wrote:

I'm also not surprised that almost nobody reacted to my call for help,
that's just how opensource works. That means that the projects where I
work on move forward very slowly because there is only one developer
that has little time.

Folks, please don't forget that I do almost all my python work in my
private time and don't get paid for doing it. This includes py2app,
pyobjc and also the Mac port of Python itself. I'd love to spend more
time on these projects, but that's not going happen without some kind of
financial support. I have a donations link on the pyobjc website, but I
don't know why I bothered adding it.

Ronald,

I think I speak for everyone on the list when I say we appreciate the work you do. The work you do as Python maintainer is invaluable.

Unfortunately, the amount of time I spend on Tk development makes it hard for me to find time to contribute to MacPython development, unless I'm scratching my own itch. Toward that end, I probably will set up a bundlebuilder project at PyPi once I move to Python 3 (I have found I prefer bundlebuilder's simplicity to py2app). As you know, I've also filed patches on IDLE to make it lay nicer on Tk-Cocoa.

Again, thanks for the work you do. Thanks also to Ned Deilly for his contributions, bug reports, patches, etc.

--Kevin

--
Kevin Walzer
Code by Kevin